I love chicken wings, this is one (1) of my many recipes which includes multiple Jamaican recipes. This is one of my favorites which I love to cook on my PK360. Hope you enjoy:
- 1 quart water
- 2 TBL kosher salt (I use Crystal Diamond)
- 4 TBL white sugar
- 4 tsp Eaton’s Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- Mix dry brine ingredients in cool water making sure all ingredients dissolve.
- Cut off wing tips (I save mine to make stock later).
- Slice slits in wing skin to allow brine to penetrate.
- Put wings in a one (1) gallon baggie.
- Pour brine over wings.
- Seal and brine in refrigerator for at least four (4) hours.
- I like to marinade my chicken wings overnight.
- Remove wings from brine and pat dry.
- Season lightly with favorite BBQ dry rub.
- Prepare two (2) zone fire in your pit.
- When pit is 275 degrees place on indirect heat skin side up.
- Cook between 250-275 degrees.
- Check wings after half an hour of cooking.
- Begin misting with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter.
- Turn wings 180 degrees and cook another half an hour.
- After an hour, check temperature with a thermometer (I use Thermapen).
- I like to finish with Duck Fat to get that moist look.
- When chicken internal temp is 180 – 190 degrees remove chicken.
- You now have an option of saucing or not saucing. If saucing, brush on sauce return to direct heat for a light char.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle on a fine finishing rub (*),
- Rest ten (10) minutes and enjoy!
(*) To make a finishing rub grind your favorite BBQ rub in a coffee or spice grinder and place in a small shaker with a cap. Finishing rubs give your finished product that extra pop of flavor!
Copyright 2021 The Rib Doctor, Inc.